This will be an open online resource to support healthcare professionals managing people with Musculoskeletal conditions especially in the primary care setting.
It will include training material regularly reviewed and updated by our team of experienced clinicians, including short video demonstrations of quick assessment techniques for common Musculoskeletal conditions to assist in clinical decision making during a 10-minute patient consultation.
The page will also have further details on what the Provide Physiotherapy Service offers for the Mid Essex region including how to access, waiting times, performance data and current projects and pathways.
Content of this section is coming up shortly.
Average Waiting Times
High Risk / Urgent Referrals
Medium Risk Referrals
How to access service
- Complete Physiotherapy Service Referral Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Direct adult patients to Self-Referral if they require physiotherapy and would like to refer themselves.
- All referrals will be triaged against the current service criteria as agreed by Mid Essex CCG.
- The following eligibility criteria will apply:
- Anyone registered with a GP Practice in the Mid Essex area and have a musculoskeletal condition that has started or significantly worsened in the last six months can be referred directly by their primary care practitioner to the service.
- Exclusions include:
- Patients with widespread or chronic musculoskeletal pain of greater than six months duration with the exception of exacerbation of chronic condition supported by detail of significant change in pain or functional status.
- Patients who have already received a course of treatment within the service for the same condition within a six month period from the point of discharge unless significant deterioration in pain or functional status.
- Any patients that require surgical intervention.
- Patients whose pregnancy is more than 35 weeks gestation.
- Accepted referrals will be added to the waiting list based on priority level and an acknowledgement SMS or letter will be sent to the patient.
- Contact will be made by the Care Co-ordination Centre (CCC) to book the patient’s first appointment.
How Are We Doing
Average Waiting Time Last Month
People Improved With Treatment
People Who Rated This Service As Good Or Very Good
Number of Virtual Appointments Last Month
Number of Face-To-Face Appointments Last Month
Personal help and understanding
Very knowledgeable and able to explain things clearly
Helpful and seen in-person when needed to
Allowed me to get back to some sort of normality
Staff were supportive and encouraging
Friendly effective appointments when best suited to me
Very helpful and good information
Efficient, friendly and thorough